left intake cam oil squirter jet oozes out

bought this bike this past winter (2014 ktm 350xc-f) . rode it twice around the block and the last time ran like shit, so investigating i found the intake cam bluing. so i sent it out to pointview to get the head cleaned and valve job along with a new cam.. so fast forward to today while priming the oil system, i noticed the left intake squirter just oozes out - which is why the cam failed before.  the jet has been cleaned 2x.  

upon further digging, it has a nihlo cam chain tension - but i noticed who ever installed it,  never tapped/plugged the oil port according to the directions - gonna give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Do you think this could be the issue? ready to buy a stock one and try my luck, but drill and tap is cheaper :p

the other cam squirters are shooting oil out.

Edited by slothy

just got off the phone with nihlo, he said the lack of the plug most likely would cause a pressure lose that the far squirter would be weak. ?Ill report back once i track down a 6mm set screw.

well plugging it helped some but still doesnt "squirt" onto the finger while pushing the start button like the other 3. im at a lost, unless it squirts only when running?

On 4/17/2017 at 5:46 PM, slothy said:

well plugging it helped some but still doesnt "squirt" onto the finger while pushing the start button like the other 3. im at a lost, unless it squirts only when running?

What ever happened here? Just curious.

9 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

What ever happened here? Just curious.

sorry thought i replied with the fix in the post.

i ended up putting a new oil jet in to replace the low pressure one and that fix it.  Even though i could see thru the jet, cleaned with with jet cleaner, something was causing a blockage i couldn't see.

• Like 1