Dirt Bike Mag review of the 430RR RE

1 hour ago, Krannie McKranface said:

Just sayin'

Got 450 class enduro review shootouts with dirtbike and dirtrider.. One didn't have Beta in the lineup.. I swear.. I'm always underwhelmed at how tests are done these days in the magazines.. but I guess it's there and still got to get SOME info..but lots of times it's almost like the tests are for track mx bikes... . I know maybe  it's difficult sometimes maybe to have the riders test in enduro trails... but riding an enduro bike in enduro conditions means more to me. Desert is ok..but some mud and roots and trees riding ought to be part of any dirt bike enduro test ..at least some of the time.. Better reviews seem to be more accurate in dirtbike tests with Jimmy lewis. 

8 minutes ago, ccullins said:

I have yet to get my hands on a copy!?

You know more anyway..You'd do a better test for us with your son giving insight too for all of us to read . You aren't missing much. I'm thinking Magazine tests are great mainly for those that never saw or rode a Beta or any of the other bikes before.. like me riding a TM 450. There isn't one of those here.. I'm lucky that I might get to ride some bikes that might be considered obscure in other places. . ..and maybe I'm wrong in some ways as far as feeling the tests are falling short.. I like the trail mountain woods stuff.. where I know Beta excells. The hookup and motor manners get Beta hooking up very well. Maybe others like less of that... 

Yes, they finally told it like it is, but they also added the usual 'but the KTM is a better racer' after every sentence that starts with 'the Beta is easier to ride, handles better, has a better power delivery...etc..."...

Someday I'd like to see a comparison of one handed riding on rocky single track, and then see who can go farther, faster, and have more fun......KTM or anything else, vs. BETA. 

It's just plain easier to ride than anything else...

• Like 1

So krannie if you had to pick one bike what would it be. The 450fx or the beta 430?