crf450 front master cylinder swap

I need better braking and, yes, I already have a braided line and Oversize rotor. 

I know this has been discussed before but I couldn't find where it said which year crf450 master cylinder was both the best and also a direct swap for the rmz450. Anyone? Thanks. 

Braided lines and oversize rotor. I mean this is the obvious but have you spent the $$ on some nice brake pads? I notice the most expensive pads have the best grip. But I don't run those anymore due to the cost lol. 

CRF caliper is a direct swap. Just have to use the Zuke hanger. 

Also I may be repeating the obvious but as mentioned above... I run CRF caliper and MC on every Yamaha I own/ have owned. But my zuke brakes are every bit as good. Decent pads make a huge difference. Also clean, fresh fluid will help. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racertodd said:

I have a 2014 crf master on my 2011 rmz 450 works great

Noticeably better than the stock suzuki master? 

2 New stock ones failed with few hours on them, Honda one does have more aggressive pull and feels like better stop power... all you can do is try it and see, I'm pleased you may not be, Its in the eyes of the beholder

• Like 1

6 hours ago, racertodd said:

2 New stock ones failed with few hours on them, Honda one does have more aggressive pull and feels like better stop power... all you can do is try it and see, I'm pleased you may not be, Its in the eyes of the beholder

Did you need a different brake line? 

11 hours ago, racertodd said:

Correct... some like it, some don't. I am another guy that is extremely happy with the Honda MC. When/if my Zuke MC ever fails I will probably swap it out. The Honda MC is not as progressive as the RMZ MC so it does offer more stopping power with less lever pull. Some don't agree with the lack of modulation up front with the Honda MC. However most people will adjust very quickly. 

To put it in the simplest terms... the Honda MC has a very distinct design, and works VERY well with minimal input from the rider. 

5 hours ago, kcstein said:

Did you need a different brake line? 

You don't HAVE to replace it but I suggest it. The mounting is slightly different. Either will work but the Honda line is slightly shorter due to the mount location on the MC.