Alright good news.

Had saved up a bunch of money expecting to owe a significant amount for taxes.. Turns out I don't owe nearly as much!!

Time to put the money to good use and build a nice performance motor for my drz. 

I am planning on doing a full 470 kit from ebay (Stage 2 cams, +4mm Crank, 94mm Piston/Jug)

Has anybody else done this big of a displacement change? If so how bad will this hurt my reliability?  I know it wont be nearly as reliable as stock, obviously.. just wanted to get a few opinions before I jump into ordering everything.

Also, if I follow through with it I would be doing the MX39 carb swap.

I am running a new Yoshi RS-2 full system, but will swap to MRD if it will make a significant difference.

Thank you guys,

Brad

6 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

+4 bore and stroke is = 462cc. Don't buy a kit from anyone that doesn't know what they're selling.

Good looking out... Do you have an equation or chart tool for calculating displacement so I can check in the future?

3 minutes ago, Supermotofool said:

Good looking out... Do you have an equation or chart tool for calculating displacement so I can check in the future?

Just found one online actually - thank you for the heads up.

There have been a number of big bore / strokers talked about on the site. Sometimes Google works better than the sites own search function to find things.

For the most part, they are reliable. To get the full potential a lot of people use larger cams than what Hotcams offers, 41mm FCR and the MRD ZPro.

• Like 5

I have put 20k miles on my 462cc in about 20 months. do it right and it'll reward you mile after mile. 

Edited by albani
  • Like 3