New Dunlop D803GP Tire

I just purchased a new Dunlop D803GP tire (120/11R18) to replace a D803 (4.00R18). I expected a low profile tire but what I got seems to be a higher profile tire than the 4.00R18. I appears narrower and the loaded rolling circumference at 5psi is greater than the 4.00R18. The tire is made in Japan by Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. So I'm now concerned that it may not have better traction.

Anyone have some experience with this tire?

Yeah used them a lot. Great tire. Think the sizing difference your seeing might just be between a new tire and an old one. 

With this tire the center of the carcass is a lot softer than the old 803 while the side wall still remains stiffer than say a x-light. The sidewall on the x-light is way too flimsy for our liking. 

Thanks, that was the kind of info I was hoping for. Softer center will help traction and the still stiff (relative) sidewall will help with my trail bike that is heavier than a Trials bike. As I posted earlier I have a 315R with a X11, and the XR with the D803. I also have a CRF250X with a D803.

For your Dirt bikes found a Kenda Equilibrium works much better than a pure trials tire, essentially in braking. 

On the trials bikes can't tell much of a difference between the X11 or 803gp. However the Michelin does last longer, but the Dunlop is cheaper so it's a wash.