Clutch problems

Hey guys so the other day I went to check out a 2008 ktm 450 xcf, test rode it and immediately wanted it and took her home. It just needed a new battery so I went out and bought one the next day. And when i was getting ready to ride it again, pulled the clutch in, and as soon as I put it in gear, it jumped forward a bit and died as if I didn't have the clutch pulled in. I'll restate that it didn't do this on the test ride. It does have a hydraulic clutch so could there be air in the line? Leaking slave cylinder? A little annoyed because I just bought it and can't ride it yet.

Ps I was able to get it going by pulling in the clutch, giving it a little gas then putting it in gear, then letting the clutch out when I was moving. Thanks in advance

I had the same problem in my sx125. It turned out to be a seal that was leaking in the fluid holder

• Like 1

Yes but i back bleed them , if it doesnt do it once warm it's normal, all ktms do it even brand new

:banghead::banghead::smashpc:

This question is asked more times than a two stroke at 8000RPM's..

all KTM bikes from 1995 and up do this, the oil is cold and can't do it's job properly, when you first start the bike give it a bit of gas to get it in gear and go................

:banghead::banghead::smashpc:
This question is asked more times than a two stroke at 8000RPM's..

all KTM bikes from 1995 and up do this, the oil is cold and can't do it's job properly, when you first start the bike give it a bit of gas to get it in gear and go................

It's my first time dealing with this you don't have to be a dick about it...thanks!
  • Like 1

Yes but i back bleed them , if it doesnt do it once warm it's normal, all ktms do it even brand new

Do I need a syringe to back bleed it? First time dealing with something like this

Same thing happens to my 15 ktm250sxf. I just hold gas a little open while put it in gear and then ride slowly for a few min to get the bike to warm up and it never does it after.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jd1127 said:

It's my first time dealing with this you don't have to be a dick about it...thanks!

Well before posting you could have searched for it and you would have found many posts about this exact problem. But instead you have to call me a dick for giving you an answer. 

Thanks.

• Like 1