let's please get back to reviews or comments ONLY about Dave's work and ONLY by people that have ACTUALLY DEALT WITH DAVE PERSONALLY. Sorry to yell! As motrock93b wisely said, only people that have actually dealt with Dave have a right to comment on him.

I don't think you really want that...
  • Like 4

On 8.1.2018 at 8:06 PM, coastlinecascott said:

My experience has always been positive dealing with dave. I started doing my own stuff since going to a Suzuki and getting having a nitrogen setup. He got the pig of my 15 yz450 to turn and handle half way decent.

I have been a continous reader in this forum for more than a year now, since I found the story about the DEL TACO kit in the www.

Until now, I did not have success in getting through to dave. Neither emailing, nore texting worked. Nothing.

May I ask one of you guys that have good contact with him to send me a kit? I am running out of ideas how to get one....

My experience with Dave’s stuff (and Dave)for my ‘07 WR450 was great. I had Grayracer install the kit. He is an excellent source of info on Dave’s stuff as well, don’t know if he still has a business relationship with him or not as it’s been awhile.

On 2018-01-08 at 1:41 AM, Vietze said:

Without any doubt he has good communication skills when it comes to tell riders to write "success stories" on TT.

What a dumb thing to say. Not once did Dave ever ask me to post a review or opinion anywhere. I was so blown away with how good his work was I felt compelled to talk about it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 19.1.2018 at 6:40 PM, ckny said:

What a dumb thing to say. Not once did Dave ever ask me to post a review or opinion anywhere. I was so blown away with how good his work was I felt compelled to talk about it. 

So is there someone who is able to help

Me getting a del Taco kit shipped to germany?

would be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Dave has great diy kits. I have had him build me 5 kits over the yrs. The first three were put in by my local suspension guy. The last 2 were done by me.
Dave's kits are meant to be done by someone that has a understanding of how to rebuild a shock and Forks. Someone who is mechanically inclined.

Even if you don't know everything about suspension and might run across a problem,then yes.....Text him or give him a call and he will answer ya. I chose to do mine during the winter when I thought he would be least busiest. That way when I had a question I thought he would be available to answer.
I had no problem with him answering my ?'s. Sometimes I would have to wait a few days b4 he got back with me but he did.
I wasn't in a hurry at the time so I gave him time to answer.
If you want his kit and want to do it yourself then prepare yourself in working on suspensions and learning the names of parts.....learning about shims because more than likely you will be doing shim work. You have to know how to read a build sheet and the order to how the shims go on by looking at the build sheet. Knowing which side is the Compression side on the piston really helps a lot.
I took notes when I done both my Bikes recently. Kept all my text messages from Dave along with pics so when I buy another kit off him I will have my notes on some of the complex parts that you might forget.

• Like 2

Is contacting Dave the only way to get the SMART suspension oils?  I went to a local guy last year the only uses Dave's kit and I had no clue he used the SPI products until I went to pick up my suspension and he handed me all the old parts and the SPI papers. I also lenses him a hand finishing my shock and saw him install the oil.  I just reached out to Dave via email, hoping I'll hear back.  Worst case my local suspension guru only charged me $550 For the co.plete rebuild, install of the SPI kits, and fluid. I might just go back to him worst case.  I had an 11 yz450f at the time and I was completely amazed with the performance of the rear shock, I've never felt anything better, the forks were OK, but I think my definition of lower B rider/ upper c rider was different than his. Anyways, I'd like to service my suspension and am considering this route.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys I purchased his fork kit for my 06 yz450 for woods riding and I love it!, but he forgot to send my shock kit. I haven’t been able to contact him for a few months. Now it shows how bad the Shock really is.
Can anyone help by sending me their Shock setup- I don’t mind paying for it either
Thanks for your help
Ryan