235 posts in this topic

I'm not sure, they are 4 hours away at my buddies shop. I'm doing the full meal deal. 

My friend is supposed to start tearing into them tonight so I will wait for his feedback. I hope to have the bike this weekend ready to dial in and test. 

36 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

Very impressive, are the instruction good for a first timer? I am more int in the shock, you doing that also?

I used Dave's services for my 09 YZ250 a few years ago, very impressed with the instructions and his help when I was unable to figure out some things. Between his help and some internet video it was a piece of cake. I did both ends, it was time consuming but I was probably triple checking everything I was doing and was in no rush. I believe my cost along with suspension tools was less than $300, but don't quote me on that as it was about 5 years ago. I still can't say I understand all the nuances of tuning but it did help me understand more than what I started with. I copied the shim set-up pages which has the stock along with the his shim stacks when I sold the bike - this would be to help me understand some of what affects valving. His stacks worked well for me and I didn't feel it necessary to go back in, can't say that for two of the other tuners and their lack of support after the fact and at a large cost.

i put his full kits in my 06 kx450... without a doubt it was the best shock i have ever ridden.  wish i had that shock on my 2012 kx450 now. 

On 2017-04-25 at 4:15 PM, ckny said:

My parts were $260 before shipping. I already have fluid. 

I have tried to get a kit from Dave since 2012.

I have changed my motorcycles 2-3 times since, with every new motorcycle i contacted Dave to have a kit.
I was patient, i called, waited, called waited...every times he said '' I'll send to you next Monday ''... etc...after 7-8 weeks i always give up.

So ckny, how did you do to get the kit from Dave.... did you email, phone, text him ?

I need your trick please ;)

Thanks

Just now, DOMINICWR450 said:

I have tried to get a kit from Dave since 2012.

I have changed my motorcycles 2-3 times since, with every new motorcycle i contacted Dave to have a kit.
I was patient, i called, waited, called waited...every times he said '' I'll send to you next Monday ''... etc...after 7-8 weeks i always give up.

So ckny, how did you do to get the kit from Dave.... did you email, phone, text him ?

I need your trick please ;)

Thanks

I kept on top of him. Phone, email, text. First time I dealt with him he was always prompt to reply and shipped my product quickly. 2nd time around Dave was always quick to get back to me, then there was a few weeks where he was MIA. Finally he got back to me and was very apologetic and got my kits out quickly.

You have to stay on top of him a lot of the time. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

That is what many don't understand about Dave. Should they?

Maybe not but he's not the only one out there that is hard to get a hold of for a product or service that more people want than is available. It's really not a foreign concept. I really wanted his kits so it was worth it to me. 

I made no statement concerning the worth of his products. I have had some excellent results with susp revalving and some terrible with tuners. But I have never once had the communication difficulty many ascribe to Dave. I had a conversation with him about his website once at least five years ago and he stated he was going to improve it to better help his business and maybe add someone to help with the mundane stuff. For whatever reason he never has. Because of his sop I have always wondered if this is just a sideline for him.

1 person likes this

The worth of his products and services in my opinion is related to his communication issues. He's a busy guy, overwhelmed at times. Unfortunately many people talented in one area do not have the other skills or traits to excel in the many other facets of a business or operation. I know many people like this. One of them is my shop guy who is also one of my best friend. He just told me he won't have my suspension ready for this weekend. I laughed and told him that's the wrong answer. I just sent him a text asking if he's pulling a Dave. Nothing but crickets...

1 person likes this

I find a case of favorite beer or maybe a bottle of excellent Bourbon works occasionally. Weekends are important, especially for you poor slobs still working. :thumbsup:

Edited by YHGEORGE
1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

I find a case of favorite beer or maybe a bottle of excellent Bourbon works occasionally. Weekends are important, especially for you poor slobs still working. :thumbsup:

I make my own hours so I'm pretty flexible for riding. I just wanna get the bike set up and dialed in. I gave my buddy a pair of Gaerne SG10's to do the install, he's not much of a beer or bourbon type lol.

We still have some snow hanging around so it's not the end of the world. He's just had the bike for a couple months now and he's 4 hours drive from me.

image.jpeg

I was being a tad sarcastic lol , but in honesty I bet he has lots if loyal people as we see here lol

Now of course though.......I have never tried a FC suspension,Enzo,Race Tech or any other. So with that being said I don't know what they are like.
If I did... I may like them over his but since he has a DIY kit and for the money That is why I stay on his stuff.

I have some parts here, very tidy looking presentation. Hope they work as good as they look. 
image.jpeg.670e47ed865685ed51d1de9310a7f0f4.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.d934202376b1e61e43dec3b68e7025f8.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.9f0e79ce6e955834ac0df3cbc66fa506.jpeg

WOW! That looks cool. I hope the instructions are easy to follow as his instructions on how the bleed a shock and add changing fluid. I use his method when doing this.
Only thing scares me is the Mid valve stuff. I pretty sure I can do it. If I can take the valving off the base valves on forks and valving off shock, surely I can do the Mid valve.
He told me this past monday he would tex me when my stuff ships. He said he was putting it together and wanted to make sure I had the latest and greatest.
1 person likes this

I kept on top of him. Phone, email, text. First time I dealt with him he was always prompt to reply and shipped my product quickly. 2nd time around Dave was always quick to get back to me, then there was a few weeks where he was MIA. Finally he got back to me and was very apologetic and got my kits out quickly.
You have to stay on top of him a lot of the time. 

Maybe this is what I am going through. When I tex him ..... he gets back to me in just a few hours with a tex. All ways gives you the impression that everything is going good and is bout done.
Saying he will tex you when it ships and give you a tracking number by email.

It's been 2 weeks now since I gave him my CC number to buy the kit.

Guess I will tex him again next week sometime.

1 hour ago, CaptainKnobby said:

Maybe this is what I am going through. When I tex him ..... he gets back to me in just a few hours with a tex. All ways gives you the impression that everything is going good and is bout done.
Saying he will tex you when it ships and give you a tracking number by email.

It's been 2 weeks now since I gave him my CC number to buy the kit.

Guess I will tex him again next week sometime.

I waited 3 weeks after he billed me before he shipped. Don't stress, he will get it out to you. 

1 person likes this