Any subdued looking gear recommendations?

Hi, can anyone recommend any jersey + pants brands and product lines that don't make you look like a Power Ranger?  I'm a trail rider and I'm looking for gear that is a little more subdued in styling that is similar in style to Klim but isn't as expensive.  I don't mind in the boot pants as I'm on the short and fat side and typically over the boot pants are too long given.  I prefer not to have too much branding all over the jersey and pants.

Good luck with that price... might look for used stuff, because you're probably not going to find new gear for under $200 for both.

Klim gear's pretty tame, but ... well outside the $100 mark.

52 minutes ago, SnowMule said:

Good luck with that price... might look for used stuff, because you're probably not going to find new gear for under $200 for both.

Klim gear's pretty tame, but ... well outside the $100 mark.

Yeah, I only buy stuff on closeout as I'm a total cheapskate but it is possible to hit the $100 mark even for brand name stuff.  I am an expert googler and I can find the cheap stuff if I know exactly what I'm looking for.

I paid $40 for a set of Scott gear on MotorcycleCloseouts.com last year.  It was so cheap because Scott pulled the marketing of their gear in the US, it is only sold in Europe now.  The deals are out there.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

Fly has some stuff that isn't too bold. Shift has been toning it down some also. Most of the Js7 line is too bold, but I have seen one that is out,  which looked not too over the top. 

Edited by trailrydr9
  • Like 2

Klim is the best, their stuff doesn't make you look like a jackass, but because they are really high quality you'll pay the price.  With that said, you can still find clearance items which make them a more typical price.

• Like 1

some of the Thor Phase stuff is plain solid colors, their stuff holds up well and sometimes you cold find it on closeout.  if you really want to go on the cheap buy some chap cargo style pants from wallmart and get a solid color jersey.

my local shop has the Shift Assult stuff in for like $35 on clearance - that includes both TOPS AND BOTTOM.  Colors are what probably had it on the discount bin, but may actually be what your looking for in the more muted colors.

Shift_Pants.JPG

2 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

I rock the shift Assault gear, the pants have worn well, the jersey could be better

motokitresize_zps6nl4k0jn.jpg

Looks to me like you are ready to be put through the juicer! :smirk:

Not too hard to get some good plain jane gear for around $100.

Fly Kinetic Division pants in black and white from RMATV-$54

Klim Mojave jersey in black and grey for around $30

Have this exact combo and they go together well.  

Just do some googlin and you can find some good gear at closeout prices to stay under the $100, especially if you aren't hung up on the jersey and pants being a matched set

I just picked up Thor's pulse blackout for $115. You just have to look around.

I started wearing Klim 4 or 5 years ago for the same reason -- subdued colors/graphics AND great quality.  I've always thought of Klim as "gear for grownups".  I rarely pay full retail for Klim and most of my stuff I bought used on Ebay.  You can find some really good deals there, and the condition is usually like new if you're careful.

• Like 1

I am really happy with the Summit line from MSR, durable, comfortable, vented with cargo pockets and very reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Just paid 200 for the Dakar plain black otb pants from Klim. Leather grippy inner leg, high quality and worth it