WR450 titled as street legal?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, or a misplaced question: I've seen a (I believe) WR450R that was titled as street legal for sale here in Florida, believe it was titled originally in another state though...

I love Yamaha and have had the best luck on the 7 or so I've owned, but there is a huge gap in their dually line between the 250 and the Super Tenere... Unlike KTM which is easy to get titled road legal, I haven't seen it done with the Yamaha 450's on a regular basis... Anyone heard of more people doing it or know how to do it?

Are you wondering if it is possible to get that bike street legal? If so, it really just depends what the owner has done to it and what the state requirements are. I just Street legalized my WR426 without any issue. If it meets all the state requirements then it shouldn't be any issue.

I've seen videos of people riding street legal wr450s. The bike comes with a headlight and taillight which is a good start, just need to do some wiring to give the head a hi/lo beam and make tail light a break light. 

Then it's mirrors, a horn and (in my state) an odometer that doesn't reset. I'm probably missing an item or two.

I don't think it'd be too hard, it's just a matter of having the money to get  the things you need and a relatively basic knowledge of wiring 

6 hours ago, kayakingsteve said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, or a misplaced question: I've seen a (I believe) WR450R that was titled as street legal for sale here in Florida, believe it was titled originally in another state though...

I love Yamaha and have had the best luck on the 7 or so I've owned, but there is a huge gap in their dually line between the 250 and the Super Tenere... Unlike KTM which is easy to get titled road legal, I haven't seen it done with the Yamaha 450's on a regular basis... Anyone heard of more people doing it or know how to do it?

You should buy one already street registered in your state. Post the question in the regional forums or use goggle as every state has different requirements.