I am 14 years old and am looking for a bike I am 5,0-5,1 I have a friend with an 07 yz 85 who is looking to sell it to me but I am worried about how it handles and its seat height. maybe a kawasaki honda suzuki or ktm I am also looking at the crf 150r. I want to do some racing and trail riding. I currently Ride a xr100 and love the way it handles on the track and on trails but it lacks a little power. any ideas thanks

If you go with a 150R you'll be forced to race supermini class. Something to consider. It is also a good bit heavier than the 2 strokes. While it has a huge power advantage on low end, some of the faster 85's will run away from it on top.

The RM 85 is the smallest out of the bikes you listed and has a pretty good power spread for an 85. It's the bike I would recommend. The YZ is a good bike too, but it's a tick bigger and the non power valved engine isn't as user friendly as the RM

Another option if you haven't outgrown the XR is to check out the performance parts at TBoltusa.com. If your parent or someone you know has decent mechanical ability it is very easy and relatively cheap to breathe a little fire into the 100.

• Like 1

I had recently put a billet exhaust silencer on it and i thought about boring it out and jetting it but that can be kinda hard on 4 stroke maybe an fmf exhaust?

right I can modify the 100 I know a lot about small engines and I Have decided to keep it. I have a Honda crf 80 I am selling and some extra cash to make up for the price of a race bike. I think the Rm 85 is a good bike and I have heard it was smaller but it does have a seat height of 33.5 inches where the kawasaki has one of 32.7 inches is the Rm 85 smaller in a way of handlebar pegs and overall feel? or maybe the older years are different?

Edited by Tommypx1