Stonyford conditions?

Anyone been up to Stony?  It's probably been closed for all I know.  Such weird weather this year.  I know the road into Little Stony has been closed down a few different times in recent weeks.  How about snow?  I'm wanting to go up in a week or so, will it be ridable?  Can anyone report on conditions for me, please?  Thanks!

about 2 weeks ago some freek logger cleared 97% of it but the wind made some more blow down, pack a saw or get relay good at log hopping 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, squid reuel said:

about 2 weeks ago some freek logger cleared 97% of it but the wind made some more blow down, pack a saw or get relay good at log hopping 

Be sure and tell the "freek logger" we appreciate the efforts!  We do a lot of clearing ourselves.  Much appreciated!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigBelly said:

Be sure and tell the "freek logger" we appreciate the efforts!  We do a lot of clearing ourselves.  Much appreciated!

thanks also for clearing, every bit helps, iv been getting allot of guys on board with saws and saw racks, Bill Dart makes good custom saw racks for a bout $100 

• Like 2

I wanna see pics of the saw ON your bike!  :thumbsup:

Remember I'm a Finance Guy!  It's not my fault. It's part of the job.  Everything has got to be documented!

It comes with the territory. ;)

Edited by superslyko

1 hour ago, superslyko said:

Remember I'm a Finance Guy!  It's not my fault. It's part of the job.  Everything has got to be documented!

thats my favorite saw 

Photo173.jpg

On 4/17/2017 at 11:52 AM, BigBelly said:

Anyone been up to Stony?  It's probably been closed for all I know.  Such weird weather this year.  I know the road into Little Stony has been closed down a few different times in recent weeks.  How about snow?  I'm wanting to go up in a week or so, will it be ridable?  Can anyone report on conditions for me, please?  Thanks!

It will be ideal in a week from now after this rain. Sure your gonna run into some new blow down but that's half the fun IMO.

7 hours ago, superslyko said:

Maybe you could show up and lend a hand sometime, and after you throw a bunch of cut wood, take your pics.

Several of us gave up some work time to help the Squid do trail work, got Stony back on the map again.

• Like 3