So I just rebuilt the top end on my sons crf 50 after a crash he road for an hour without an air filter destroying the piston and cylinder. I used the tb 88 kit with hd clutch and high volume oil pump.i have a 20 mm carb that is jetted for the 88 kit.  I put it back together and now when you put in gear it takes off. I've messed with the carb to turn down the idle and it will die before not pulling. I check for air and exhaust leaks and can't find any. There is plenty of play in the throttle cable and seats correctly the ground is good on the bike I just can't figure this out. Any info will be greatly appreciated 

The clutch is dragging. Maybe take it apart and check if the basket is in good shape and not notched?

Also make sure none of the plates are in bad shape.

After installing the new HD clutch, did you reset the adjuster plate on the clutch cover and adjust it for the new clutch?

I did reset the clutch adjuster I turned it clockwise until it seated then counterclockwise until it stopped then backed it off 1/8"

It's a brand new clutch basket assembly

You said the bike takes off when you click it in gear, or does it just roll forward? You could try another 1/4-turn clockwise of the clutch adjuster stud, to ease the adjuster plate off the clutch a little bit more.