Lengthening 230 Swing arm

Stock 230 wheel base is 54".  Has anyone lengthened the 230 swing arm to 56" or so.  I know Snake's BBR was stretched.  That was some nice work but I'm wondering about the 230F.  My 250L is over 56" and I like the handling except for the weight factor.

• Like 1

Since the 230 cant be a woop bike no matter the swing arm. Short WB better on tight trail and switch backs. Grind out swing arm little longer WB.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bajatrailrider said:

Since the 230 cant be a woop bike no matter the swing arm. Short WB better on tight trail and switch backs. Grind out swing arm little longer WB.

Does that mean you want a lengthened swing arm while we're at it?  You seem to be grinding in that direction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baja Rambler said:

Does that mean you want a lengthened swing arm while we're at it?  You seem to be grinding in that direction.

2 minutes ago, Baja Rambler said:

Got me a Bultaco swing arm to give you Hooter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bajatrailrider said:

Got me a Bultaco swing arm to give you Hooter.

I want the Bultaco forks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Baja Rambler said:

I want the Bultaco forks.

All of the needles bikes use to be equipped with them. As a matter of fact one of the racing tricks of days past was to put some STP in the Honda S90 front forks to make them stiffer.:lol:

• Like 2

Yes, the bike has not been rided much because it's unridable with the stock shock.  Note the orange paint spot on the original chain from the manufacturer, conclusive evidence of the bike's unridability.

shockreservoirbracket0963.jpg.a614da7334debf2840c067459d190c01.jpg

Edited by Baja Rambler
  • Like 2