Yz125 rear tire spins while in gear on stand

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here. The other day I noticed while messing around with my bike that when I put it in gear while it is on the centre stand with the clutch pulled in that the rear wheel starts spinning fairly quick ( I can stop it with my foot and the bike doesn't die) just wondering if this is normal? I can even release the clutch once the tire is spinning and the bike doesn't stall.

Yes thats normal. Oil in between the clutch plates spins in the clutch side and causes just enough friction to spin the wheel when theres no resistance. That's why it does it on the stand with the rear wheel in the air, but not with wheels on the ground

20 hours ago, Ksanete said:
Normal.
Do NOT try to mess with your chain like that, whether you're cleaning or lubing. Excellent way to lose a couple fingers.

Thank you, and yeah I made sure not to go near the chain haha I always just spin the tire by hand when I lube my chain I just started my bike to run it and decided to click it into gear for not particular reason

Edited by CanadianThrottleTwister

Yes thats normal. Oil in between the clutch plates spins in the clutch side and causes just enough friction to spin the wheel when theres no resistance. That's why it does it on the stand with the rear wheel in the air, but not with wheels on the ground

Okay awesome thank you, wasn't sure based on the speed it was spinning