Getting a title rm85

I was wondering if any one else has gone threw this .. I want to get the title for my dirtbike just for proof of owning it.. I had vins checked the bike is clean but how do I get a title in my name? There's only one person who's name the bike was in and that was 12 years ago I'm assuming that it's long gone and I do not know that person.. how would I go about getting it titled again? Can I just go on the lost title spill or what ? Any info from someone who's been there will be amazing help

IMG_0439.PNG

Every state is different. I can't believe you were even able to find out if the title is clean. Here in PA (IMO a totally whacked out state) that's illegal to get that info. My boss is also (basically) the boss of the local police force (he's also city commissioner or something like that. Don't really care) but he couldn't even get me that info.

I found out that my only option was to spend $1000-1500 on an attorney to get the info. Needless to say, I waited until I got a buyer who didn't care about the title. Unless I get a screaming deal in one in the future, I'll never buy another without the title.