2013 drz 400sm help

Hello All, 

new to the supermoto/drz scene and will be looking at and most likely purchasing a 2013 sm later this afternoon. The bike has 2900 Miles and appears to be stock with the exception of a MRD exhaust and shorai battery. 

A couple questions I couldn't figure out by doing research so I thought I'd try here.

how do I know if it is a slip on / full exhaust set up and subsequently how will the the bike run in either instance if the air box or jets haven't been modified? The owner said no other modifications had been done.

If that is true and the airbox/carb haven't been tweaked (no idea if there is a way to tell without taking it apart) would Doing a 3x3 mod with jd jet kit be the way to go? 

Also would the bike in its current set up, exhaust and no other mods, be efficient and most importantly fun and reliable?

I simply don't know what to look for or feel for as I have only messed with Fi bikes. Thanks!

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_8915.JPG

Hello All, 
new to the supermoto/drz scene and will be looking at and most likely purchasing a 2013 sm later this afternoon. The bike has 2900 Miles and appears to be stock with the exception of a MRD exhaust and shorai battery. 
A couple questions I couldn't figure out by doing research so I thought I'd try here.
how do I know if it is a slip on / full exhaust set up and subsequently how will the the bike run in either instance if the air box or jets haven't been modified? The owner said no other modifications had been done.
If that is true and the airbox/carb haven't been tweaked (no idea if there is a way to tell without taking it apart) would Doing a 3x3 mod with jd jet kit be the way to go? 
Also would the bike in its current set up, exhaust and no other mods, be efficient and most importantly fun and reliable?
 I simply don't know what to look for or feel for as I have only messed with Fi bikes. Thanks!
IMG_8913.JPG.2629c5b53ff4e413ace099b16bfdc0a6.JPG
IMG_8914.JPG.1e3dad127b147e7cfcf372e64ba4a7bb.JPG
IMG_8915.JPG.3495d7913dc2088bc298b144c54c931d.JPG

As far as I'm aware, MRD only makes full systems for the DR-Z.

With that system, you need to do the 3x3 and re-jet. The JD Jetting kit is the preferred choice.
  • Like 1