How to open the exhaust on 17 500?

Is there a tutorial somewhere or a video. I'm nut to sure what need to be removed and how.

Thanks you

2 minutes ago, andre661 said:

spend the money and buy an FMF slip on

How loud is it, I don't want to lose access right or have issue with the cops.

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't give you an exact dbl. number but in my opinion its not much louder than stock. another option is to just replace the " end cap ". Check out bestdualsportbikes.com

Just take a drill bit and drill 3 holes in a line through both screens. Then take a flat head screw driver and slowly bend the screen till it's warped enough to pop out of the track holding it in. It's not hard to do just be patient. It is louder but i don't feel it's bad.

You want to remove the 2 screens that you can see with the tip installed.  There is still a spark arrestor in the tip and you shouldn't have to worry about puncturing that.

If you scroll down about half way on this page ( http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/no-selectable-engine-maps-traction-control-on-2017-ktm-exc-f.1196678/page-16 ) you'll see what it should look like when it is done.

As ktmdana said, drill some holes in it to give it enough room to colapse and then start bending the screen until is slides out of the groove.  In my case I had to remove the tip to get the inner screen out as it fell into the spark arrestor when I drilled through.

It is still pretty quiet and flows plenty of air.  I can't see it restricting enough air flow to justify a new end cap.  I've just finished all the map and desmog stuff and the bike is plenty fast enough for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shingo said:

How loud is it, I don't want to lose access right or have issue with the cops.

get an FMF Q4SA slip on its as quiet as stocker and delivers better flow plus has the SA installed and weighs a bit less than oem.

Edited by Airboss/oc

You want to remove the 2 screens that you can see with the tip installed.  There is still a spark arrestor in the tip and you shouldn't have to worry about puncturing that.
If you scroll down about half way on this page ( http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/no-selectable-engine-maps-traction-control-on-2017-ktm-exc-f.1196678/page-16 ) you'll see what it should look like when it is done.
As ktmdana said, drill some holes in it to give it enough room to colapse and then start bending the screen until is slides out of the groove.  In my case I had to remove the tip to get the inner screen out as it fell into the spark arrestor when I drilled through.
It is still pretty quiet and flows plenty of air.  I can't see it restricting enough air flow to justify a new end cap.  I've just finished all the map and desmog stuff and the bike is plenty fast enough for me.

As
Thanks, I did that and it worked in about 10 minutes.

remove the end cap cut screen inside flush to remove all of it . then put the end cap back and make sure to keep wool in it . take a zip gun and hammer the outside screen . then take pliers and remove the outside screen you just destroy with zip gun . i did mine and it not noisy . 

I just put an FMF 4.1 on my '16 500... AMAZING sound! I hesitated and listened to countless videos first, which didn't do it justice. It is a LOT deeper and just sounds so much better and has a bit more responsiveness. I had my screen removed from the stocker too.

With spark arrestor in, I wouldn't say its 'louder' than stock, just a different tone. With arrestor out, BEAST!... But a little loud for long trips, so I'll keep it in. I have zero regrets on getting it. eBay was best deal, low $300 new.

Edited by LS1Steve