99 KX125 Exhaust Valve boot have a hole?

I am trying to resolve air leaks in a 99 kx125 I am rebuilding...I ended up pulling it all apart and replacing crank seals and crank (along with all other case seals).  I get it all back together and test again and now I have leaks at the PowerValve.  I realized there is a seal on the shaft so I have a new seal coming in for that today, hopefully that solves it, but either way this boot highlighted below does not seal well, and there is a hole in the bottom of the boot.  Can you all who have info on these bikes let me know a few things...

1)  Is the rubber boot sealing to the cylinder important, or does the shaft seal off the power valve preventing air leaks?  If it is critical, do you suggest some kawi bond or something, the manual makes no mention of sealing the boot with anything.

2)  Is the hole in the bottom of the boot supposed to be there (maybe for drainage).  If it is supposed to be there hopefully this seal coming today fixes my problem, as the shaft is on backorder.

Thanks for the help! 

4-18-2017 9-33-26 AM.jpg

That boot is just there to seal out dirt. There's a hole for drainage. That shaft has a seal as you can see in the picture

Thanks for the info on just sealing out dirt and the hole being there. 

Yes that seal has already been replaced. 

The seal on the cylinder for the PV geared shaft will  be in today hopefully that fixes the leak.  As of last night air would leak presumably through the seal  in the cylinder and leak out around the rubber boot in the image above.