Goldentyre GT216 fatty Desert(DST)

Anyone have any input or experience on these tires? I just ordered a bunch for a buddy and am wondering if I should try one.

I normally run the 2 ply 90/90.

This is the 4 ply desert version.

Thanks, read that already. More curious how it will work on a small bike in mixed east coast conditions 

11 minutes ago, ckny said:

Thanks, read that already. More curious how it will work on a small bike in mixed east coast conditions 

One of the tires you see it compared to is the Kenda Parker DT which is 6 ply.  I like the Kenda, been running it for a couple years, but the stiffer carcass is quite obvious.  I'm running the Kenda at 11 psi on an 03 XR250R.  And I can say, the higher ply rating is nice for the lack of flats, but I'm sure if you have used the 2 ply tire you will notice the difference, just like I did coming from a 4 ply.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

I just read the other day that they have reformulated the 2 ply compound and discontinued the 4 ply for 2017.

Correct, all 2 ply now with the new white logo. Bought some of the remaining stock. 

I will be testing Gibson Tyres soon. New South Korean production. All issues supposedly worked out. 

• Like 2