2003 Honda CRF450R Rebuild Kit?

Ive got a 2003 CRF450R that needs to rebuilt. I have been looking around trying to find the best option on complete rebuild kits. Some say stay OEM, Wiseco top and Hotrod bottom? What would be the best brand?

Ive got a 2003 CRF450R that needs to rebuilt. I have been looking around trying to find the best option on complete rebuild kits. Some say stay OEM, Wiseco top and Hotrod bottom? What would be the best brand?

18 minutes ago, taylord02 said:

Ive got a 2003 CRF450R that needs to rebuilt. I have been looking around trying to find the best option on complete rebuild kits. Some say stay OEM , Wiseco top and Hotrod bottom? What would be the best brand?

Both our CRF450Rs have Wiseco top and Hot Rods bottom, an 07 and an 11.  They have performed flawlessly, in fact the 07 is due again for a top end.

Ive used the wrench rabbit kits(hot rods) before with good results, they come with everything except the stuff for the head.. Find the part no. for your bike and google it. Search all of the sites as they can be had pretty cheap if you look, I paid under 500 for the last one, retail is almost 800 for the kit.

Oem can be had for just a little bit more money. I like Honda East Toledo, they have good prices on their website.

Just dont get a wiseco crank, their postons are ok though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

are you a believer in the hot rods cranks aswell?

When it comes to Honda, I am a believe in OEM.  But so far so good on the Hotrods cranks in the bikes, they have held up well to some very hard riding including WEBE hare scrambles.  You can get them really cheap on ebay.

• Like 1

When it comes to Honda, I am a believe in OEM.  But so far so good on the Hotrods cranks in the bikes, they have held up well to some very hard riding including WEBE hare scrambles.  You can get them really cheap on ebay.

i am the same way owning my CR, when my factory crank took a dump, i went with a hot rods because the cost of an OEM was so expensive and i didn't have enough time to get it rebuilt. Seems like guys who frequent these forums bash any aftermarket crank, you are the first i've seen to not do so.

My hot rods has been great.