aer48 fork question

My friend has a 17 sxf450 with the air forks. He went riding saturday and put his bike in trailer. While on the way home the bike had blown the seals out of the air side fork and then fell over in trailer. I assume the fork got shorter and lost tension on straps. He had the forks seals replaced by dealer about 2 weeks before this. I would assume they didnt get the circlip seated all the way. I told him i would fix it for him and he brought me the fork. My question is , when I let the air out of fork it collasped and sucked all the way up. In a ktm service vid when they let the air out it did not do this at all. Is this normal or is there someting else wrong with this fork. Here is vid i am referring to 

You have to leave the air out slowly.
If it still compress full t hen you have the x ring in air cartridge has probably failed.
You can always bleed the air out the balance chamber and try again.

sounds like he did not air the forks after riding, and strapped the air forks down in the trailer. put the stand under the bike before strapping it down maximum a few cm on the forks. also dont strap them in the handlebars but sround the triple clamp..

Edited by addeeriksson

The air fork self balances by the notch at the lower part of the tube. If you release all the main air pressure the air that is on the balance side of the piston will collapse the cartridge. The happens when the fork pressure is released without the piston being at the notch(fork all the way extended)

Easy fix remove the bottom blue nut from the end of the rod and it will release the balance pressure this will allow you to fully extend the rod then re install the blue bolt and lock it down with the lock nut. Then just fill the air chamber with whatever pressure you run.

I just put a little air in to extend it back out some to fix seal.  It should equalize back out when filled to proper psi correct?