xr250 tank shrouds

Hi

I have a 2001 xr250r and i'm wondering if the tank and shrouds on foreign xr models will fit on my bike and if so where I could buy them and would they be cheaper than the aloop kits.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, bikeguy64 said:

Hi

I have a 2001 xr250r and i'm wondering if the tank and shrouds on foreign xr models will fit on my bike and if so where I could buy them and would they be cheaper than the aloop kits.

Thanks

From what I've heard the Aloop kit is actually 98-99 CR250 parts that are modified.  You may want to pursue that angle.

2 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

From what I've heard the Aloop kit is actually 98-99 CR250 parts that are modified.  You may want to pursue that angle.

Ok thanks for the advice. I will look into that.

The Frame yes , but i don't know what Tank your bike has .

If your 2000 XR has a sheet metal Tank again yes

If you have a plastik tank you need to change the front mount and the seat

the newer models also have a support for the lower corner of the shrouds (Part 20 in the Parts diagram )

and the mount for Part 20 on the Frame is not existing on your 2000 Frame .

I have a 97 and a 04 XR250 and a 06 XR400 and mix and match the Tanks a few times

Edited by Schrauberklaus

16 minutes ago, Firestone said:

They are hard plastic. They crack and the front tabs break off. Not if but when. 

Aloop addresses that issue on their website.  They claim its operator error.

I hate to call their bluff. But NO. 

Two used ones I got were broke. Two new ones I bought lasted about 5 hare scrambles respectively. My brother's OEM seats not a hint of problems, also racing. 

Don't get me wrong.. I am just glad they still support and sell them.

Edited by Firestone

On 4/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, Firestone said:

I hate to call their bluff. But NO. 

Two used ones I got were broke. Two new ones I bought lasted about 5 hare scrambles respectively. My brother's OEM seats not a hint of problems, also racing. 

Don't get me wrong.. I am just glad they still support and sell them.

And that is why I have never gone that route.  For the price they want it isn't worth it, IMO.  I spoke with a lot of people, including you, about possibly buying the Aloop setup before I just finally said no.  I am still planning on looking at modifying a 98-99 CR250 setup if I can ever find a tank cheap enough.

If you want to change over to shrouds badly enough to modify stock CR parts, then the Aloop is a good deal. A little aluminum repair work on the seat bases can greatly extend there life. 

I think when you asked me about it it was in the context of was it worth it for the performance vs keeping it stock. But I would go Aloop if you are bent on making a change. Stock CR seats are going to be the main problem. Not even close to fitting. At least I had a 99' and it was not even close.

• Like 1