Sign in to follow this  

Spark plug sleeve

I have two KTM's. One is a 2016 150sx and it has a spark plug sleeve so dirt doesn't enter the engine when changing a plug. My other bike is a 2017 85sx and it doesn't. So when I change the plug I have to clean the crap out of the area. Why isn't there one on this bike?? Can I put one on it? Thanks. IMG_0917.PNG

That is so weird has anyone tried to make it work? I know they are the same exact plug. Also is there a cheaper plug for this bike, so expensive lol.

Get the sealing cup from a 14 150sx there only $2.87 from Rocky Mountain. Part # 50231012000. And yes you can run a cheaper plug a BR9ES or BR9EG will work just fine.

That little rubber thing definitely does not keep out all debris. I would never just assume the spark plug cavity around the plug is totally clear of debris before removing the plug. 

Get the sealing cup from a 14 150sx there only $2.87 from Rocky Mountain. Part # 50231012000. And yes you can run a cheaper plug a BR9ES or BR9EG will work just fine.

Are you serious, the br9's work? Not to sound like a complete goof but all the dimensions are the same? Is there proof it works? Lol. I'm not trying to be rude I was told from the stealership there is no alternative.

52 minutes ago, Hondaracer1318 said:

Are you serious, the br9's work? Not to sound like a complete goof but all the dimensions are the same? Is there proof it works? Lol. I'm not trying to be rude I was told from the stealership there is no alternative.

These bikes call for a BR9ECMVX. its the 1st four digits that matter, any BR9E..... will work.

The BR9ECMVX is a compact plug with a shorter insulator and its also an iridium plug. The standard iridium plug is a BR9EIX. 

not to be rude but you dealer is an idiot that likes to take your money. 

The iridium plugs may work just slightly better but are not needed. 

Edited by GreenMT_Rider