Sign in to follow this  

Dual Boots?

Hi guys!

I've been gearing myself up and also installing my new L some accessories.

Next I need to buy me a pair of boots, but it seems hard to find an "all conditions" boot. I will be mostly riding on dry weather in dirt roads and trails, but also some short pavement segments. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rz_racer_69 said:

a good pair of adventure boots

I have Gaerne oil balanced boots .... very comfortable and can wear them all day ... 👍   If you are a crazy or extreme rider you may want better protection.  

Gaerne_Balance_Oiled.jpg

• Like 2

Fly Racing Maverik ATV Shorty Boots

I personally wear these when I ride offroad, with a pair of knee/shinguards tucked into them.

They are very stout, and offer decent walk-around-ability-ness.  Not as comfy as adventure touring boots, but not as uncompromising as a pair of MX boots.

https://www.motocrossgiant.com/Fly_Racing_Maverik_ATV_Boots_p/363-66607wps.htm

Edited by rz_racer_69
  • Like 1

When I bought my L, I picked up a pair of Forma Adventure Boots in brown. I've been down both off and on road with these boots and they performed their job amazingly. Also, they are waterproof which is a plus in my book. I can walk around in them all day if I have to. Very comfortable boots.

Edited by Burgan
  • Like 3

Check out MSR dual sport boot, so comfortable but not enough protection for hard riding I find.

• Like 1

I always buy Dual Boots - one for the left and one for the right !

15 hours ago, Burgan said:

When I bought my L, I picked up a pair of Forma Adventure Boots in brown. I've been down both off and on road with these boots and they performed their job amazingly. Also, they are waterproof which is a plus in my book. I can walk around in them all day if I have to. Very comfortable boots.

I agree on the Forma ADV boots. Bought mine in 2014 and they are still going strong. I wouldn't wear them for MX tho.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Force0321 said:

I agree on the Forma ADV boots. Bought mine in 2014 and they are still going strong. I wouldn't wear them for MX tho.

I agree. I'd probably get a Gaerne SG-10 if I wanted a mx boot...

But for OP's purpose I think the ADV boot would be right up their alley...

• Like 1

I'm in the market myself, have an old pair of Alpinestar MX boots, they are really tall, so good protection against sticks and stuff hitting my shins, good ankle support and armor for on-road protection, but poor ventilation, so they are hot.  99% of the time I'l wear my Merrell hiking boots, they stay much cooler, and drier due to a lack of sweat and far better ventilation.  Better ankle and heel protection than shoes, which isn't saying much, but obviously great for hiking, I wear them all day anyway, so no changing boots if I want to ride for a little, and on dirt roads and onroad they do well enough.  I want something in-between, good ventilation is a must, don't want it to look like I'm walking around in ski boots if I ride to work or a store, but better crash and branch protection than a decent hiking boot offers.  Was looking at something like the Alpinestar Roam 2 Air, but i have bad luck ordering footwear without trying it on first, so will probably shop around locally when I get a chance, and see what I can find.

Edited by alucard0822
  • Like 1

I use the Fox Comp 5's with the 'Off-Road' soles.  They are awesome, hold up well to abuse, are fairly water resistant (not leak proof), and can not beat the traction the off-road soles give. They also fit my wider feet well.  I wear a 10 shoe and the size 10 boot fit perfect. Very comfortable and not hard to walk in at all.  You do give up some stiffness of Comp 8's or the Instinct lines, but at $199, they work perfect. I have also tried on the Alpinestar Tech 7 Enduro.  They don't fit my feet as well due to width, but the sole is pretty aggressive for dual sporting. 

fox_racing_comp5_offroad_boots_black_grey_detail (1).jpg

fox_racing_comp5_offroad_boots_black_grey_detail.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HPilot72 said:

I use the Fox Comp 5's with the 'Off-Road' soles

I bought these for my son to wear on his new 2017 WR250R ... :ride:   they look and feel very nice ... 👍

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, rz_racer_69 said:

Fly Racing  Maverik ATV Shorty Boots

I personally wear these when I ride offroad, with a pair of knee/shinguards tucked into them.

They are very stout, and offer decent walk-around-ability-ness.  Not as comfy as adventure touring boots, but not as uncompromising as a pair of MX boots.

https://www.motocrossgiant.com/Fly_Racing_Maverik_ATV_Boots_p/363-66607wps.htm

i have the regular maveriks (full length fellers). they're pretty comfy even for decent walking distances. not exactly a hiking boot sole but I've not slipped in them yet. decidedly NOT waterproof but they're not too bad

• Like 2

I finally tried the Forma Adventure, Forma Boulder and Gaerne boots.

Since I'm not an extreme rider, I got the Forma Boulder Boots because they felt more flexible and confortable and were a little higher on the shins than the Adventure. Will try them this weekend!

Thank you guys for all the advice.

forma_boulder_boots.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flechuga said:

I got the Forma Boulder Boots

Nice price also, I got them for for the equivalent of $208. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flechuga said:

Nice price also, I got them for for the equivalent of $208. 

Awesome .... 👍  

Be sure to come back and update this thread with your experience with them after some time has gone by  .... :ride:           

• Like 3