Sell or keep my CR250R?

So I bought a 1994 CR250R with a new top end, vertex piston, for $1200 I checked it out, everything checks out pretty well on it. However I noticed that the rod bearing is bad when I inspected it. I don't have time for a rebuild because I'm already taking time off work to visit family and can't take more off to rebuild properly. I sold my other bike to get this cr and now it's already a headache. Should I sell it or just pay my boy to fix (he knows his stuff and prices aren't horrible either)?

why don't you do each step of the rebuild while you have time that allows you to?

you could buy another used bike and have the same problems or worse

• Like 1

why don't you do each step of the rebuild while you have time that allows you to?

Yeah that it true. And because I already have enough projects and sold my yz250 after it being the biggest project. I'm just tired of rebuilding and want to get back to riding on a bike that it good

I learned years ago that there are two types of bikes - cheap that you need to work on when you should be riding, and pricey that you ride without much worrying. I got burnt once...

Fix it up properly, and it'll serve you well. Plus, it's a classic with one of the best frames ever.

• Like 2

Unless you're gonna buy another 2 stroke keep it:ride: go through as much as possible during rebuild and have a reliable machine when your done! Or I could take it off your hands if you'd like....

This. only problem free bike that is used will be the one that is fully rebuilt. Not gonna be cheap. Send crank out for rebuild. Ken O'Connor racing.
  • Like 2

Yeah y'all are right, it makes more sense long term to suck it up and do it right