2004 crf 450r

Just got my bike rebuild from professional shop and I can't start bike bike has been started by mechanic and buddy down the street. I have been on YouTube looking for tips any advice would be great 

13 hours ago, Bigthellfire said:

Just got my bike rebuild from professional shop and I can't start bike bike has been started by mechanic and buddy down the street. I have been on YouTube looking for tips any advice would be great 

Cold:  kick it over slow a couple of times, turn the throttle 2-3 times (some do, some don't), choke on get the kickstarter high (TDC) and give it a good kick.

Hot:  pull the hot start lever, no throttle and kick.

Ummm turn the gas on! Similar to above but a little different pump the throttle wide open once, kick it through twice slow, then one hard kick with the choke on as well. 

My 04 is picky cold my ritual is tip bike on side till gas runs out overflow lines twist throttle 3 times choke on get kickstart to TDC then let it click all the way up and kick don't twist throttle when kicking starts in 1-2 every time. If I don't tip the bike it's a beast to start and I always wear a boot lol

• Like 1