When do the new 2018 Yamaha's come out?

I seen that Yamaha is going to have a new yz450fm in 2018. But the yz250fm is a maybe 18 or 19. Anybody herd anything about a new yz250fm in 2018? When do the new year bikes usually show up?

Usually around August but this should be a major revamp year for the 250 and 450.  That may delay the release a bit.

i pray the 450 is 20 lbs lighter and the 250 as well. and they do the same mods to the fx's as the yz's.

Agreed, with the already impressive YZF / FX motor, some weights savings would make the FX for me an even better top notch woods racer!

• Like 2

I 450 is all new. The frame is worked over, it's supposed to handle and corner a lot better. You can also get it with electric start supposedly. I don't remember all that I read but it's a all new bike. One of the Pro's over in Japan is already riding it, it's the yz450fm in 2018 I'm assuming that stands for motocross. The 250 didn't say if it would be a all new bike for sure in 2018 or if they would wait till 2019 for it.

I 450 is all new. The frame is worked over, it's supposed to handle and corner a lot better. You can also get it with electric start supposedly. I don't remember all that I read but it's a all new bike. One of the Pro's over in Japan is already riding it, it's the yz450fm in 2018 I'm assuming that stands for motocross. The 250 didn't say if it would be a all new bike for sure in 2018 or if they would wait till 2019 for it.

They damn will better bring the 250 next year! I don't want a 450 :). I'm looking forward to when they announce the new bikes.

I heard from dealer June. Expect in dealers in July.   Both are getting electric start!

Don't think the 250F will get e-start, the Japanese National factory 250F did not have it. The 450 did have it so likely the production bike will or be an option. I wouldn't want an e-start if it meant any weight gain on either bike. They need a diet as is.

250 is a year behind the 450, so the 450 will be all new, the 250 will be a revamped 17. From the looks of it, e-start is the only option and there won't be a kick start. Engine looks the same (good thing) frame is all new, could be good or bad but the promise is spring forks, and possibly a new job version of the sss is the promise. We will see in probably august

5 hours ago, BoMadsen said:

But e-start...how can you say no to an e-start? ... ahhh, you must be one of them young once under 40 :) 

On the contrary, passed that mark some time ago. I'd love an e-start but the blue crew can't pork out 20lbs over the Austrians.

I've ridden my friends 16.5 450SXF FE, speaking from experience.

On the contrary, passed that mark some time ago. I'd love an e-start but the blue crew can't pork out 20lbs over the Austrians.
I've ridden my friends 16.5 450SXF FE, speaking from experience.

Yamaha uses more steel internals in the engine, and I bet the aluminum frame weighs more. If they tried a yz250 smoker type aluminum frame they could save weight. But then it's harder to work on engine

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, SonsRexspensive said:

I seen that Yamaha is going to have a new yz450fm in 2018. But the yz250fm is a maybe 18 or 19. Anybody herd anything about a new yz250fm in 2018? When do the new year bikes usually show up?

coulda swore last visit at my shop my salesman said out in July...

250 is a year behind the 450, so the 450 will be all new, the 250 will be a revamped 17. From the looks of it, e-start is the only option and there won't be a kick start. Engine looks the same (good thing) frame is all new, could be good or bad but the promise is spring forks, and possibly a new job version of the sss is the promise. We will see in probably august

Since about 06 Yamaha has been revamping the 250f and 450f the same year.

Sort of. The new engine design was 4 years behind. Looks, yes....engine, frame and such, no. It took until 2014, yz450fs 5th year of reversed engine design for the 250 to get that and it's frame geometry which was a slam dunk in the 250 class and put them at the top of most shoot outs. The 2018 is coming with a new frame, that's the biggest change I see besides electric start, the 250 will maybe have the same airbox so it looks similar and may be electric start since both fx models were electric only for a couple models now. Will the 250 get the new frame geometry? Probably not yet. It may actually be 4 more years. I know honda is cooking up a good 250 platform for 18, ktm has one already, and Yamaha should but probably wont.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Edge316 said:

Yes but often one is a re-vamp and the other a  brand new design. 2010 is a good example of a new model (450F) and revamp (250F).

My guess is the 18 450 gets a re-vamp and the 250F BNG