CRF70 Plastics on 01 XR100

So I know there has been a couple people that have made the 70 plastics work on a 100. Just looking for some insight into this back fender and the side panels. Will i need a 70 seat? If any one has some info on this it would be much appreciated! 

Thanks 

11 hours ago, arthur6 said:

The engine on a 70 is horizontal, engine in a 100 is vertical
Plastics wont fit

Im aware the engines are different. Front number plate, front fender and gas tank bolt right up. Just looking for help on the rear fender and side panels that dont bolt right up. I know that i need to fab up some new mounts. 

• 4 weeks later...

I run Crf70 plastics on my 2002 XR100.  It can be done and isn't too bad.  Front fender, number plate, radiator shrouds, and front of the side panels all bolt up.  the rear fender and back of side panels you need to make tabs for.  When I made the tabs I added a bar so the seat bolts to the frame.  I never liked the seat bolting to the fender.  I run the XR100 seat.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Mrrcx said:

I run Crf70 plastics on my 2002 XR100.  It can be done and isn't too bad.  Front fender, number plate, radiator shrouds, and front of the side panels all bolt up.  the rear fender and back of side panels you need to make tabs for.  When I made the tabs I added a bar so the seat bolts to the frame.  I never liked the seat bolting to the fender.  I run the XR100 seat.

Can you share some photos of your 100 with the crf70 plastics please? I am considering the same but am wondering about fender size and if the proportions will look like what I am after. Also if the front tire will have a good clearance at full fork compression. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornet10 said:

Can you share some photos of your 100 with the crf70 plastics please? I am considering the same but am wondering about fender size and if the proportions will look like what I am after. Also if the front tire will have a good clearance at full fork compression. Thanks.

No issues with the front fender and tire.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mrrcx said:

No issues with the front fender and tire.

Thanks for the photos. It looks like you have a upgrade at the carb and a red spark plug wire. Is that a 26mm Mikuni from TB? I have been thinking about getting a 26 to replace the 24mm flat slide I have been struggling to get jetting correct. Have you an aftermarket coil? If so can you tell a difference to OEM? Thanks for sharing!

SANY1513.JPG

SANY1509.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bumping this topic

I am doing this conversion right now on my 2001 XR100

So far i have learned that the shrouds for the CRF70 wont fit the XR100 tank. The top bolt hole doesnt line up. So i've ordered a CRF70 tank.

The worst part will be the seat mount and rear fender. So far the side panels bolt on fine with a bit of trimming along the top where they meet the seat. 

Would be glad to post photots if anyone wants them. 

21149420_500154763671621_7230550569205628928_n(1).jpg

20170907_130821.jpg

Edited by xl185s
Tank difference

• 2 months later...

Yeah the white is CRF70 plastics.

I made a steel brakcet that bolts to the frame on either side using pre existing holes where the old fender mounted. Then it bolts to the seat, smashing the fender between the two. The 70 fender doesnt bolt to anything. It stays solid though. Hasnt moved or anything on any ride.

The side panels are a bit tricky since they dont fit under the seat correctly. Had to trim them and bend the mounting points on the frame slightly to line up the holes on the plastics.

20171130_131834.jpg

20171130_131854.jpg

2 hours ago, socalxr said:

Do the make graphics for the CRF70??? And Can I use your write and pics on my page in my Tech section.  Obviously I put your name on it.  

Yeah they make tons of graphics for them.

Go ahead and use my write-up. I hope its useful to someone 

9 hours ago, xl185s said:

Yeah they make tons of graphics for them.

Go ahead and use my write-up. I hope its useful to someone 

Thank you.  I'm sure there are some people who are interested.  Especially if it's cheaper ($55 including the tank) . Plus, it looks pretty good.  

Edited by socalxr

• 2 years later...
On 4/21/2017 at 11:43 PM, arthur6 said:

But why...
The technical answer is the 100 makes more power, goes faster, the plastic might blow off.
The easy answer is the holes don't line up.

no, the air scoops, front fender and front plate, all fit without modification. the number plates, well they require modification, or just get them, from maier.