Low Speed Hot Weather Gear?

Alright fellow 250L & Rally owners, the warmer weather is upon us in the south eastern US so more of us are out on the trails exploring...

...My question is what gear is everyone wearing for the low speed trails when temps are +80F and humidity is high?

I wore my mesh hybrid street jacket off road last weekend and it was way too hot. So I am looking at picking up something like a titan armored jacket and some more off-road friendly pants...

Just curious as to what everyone else dons...

Edited by Burgan
  • Like 1

For really warm days on the trails, I have an MX mesh armor jacket that I wear over an MX jersey, MX pants, ATV MX boots, & knee/shin guards over the pants, light MX gloves, and an MX helmet with goggles.

If I'm on an ADV ride with some street, I'll substitute the ATV boots for Touring boots, the MX pants for jeans, the MX jersey for a t-shirt, the MX mesh armor for a cordura vented jacket, the light MX gloves to street gloves with better protection, and the MX helmet for a modular flip-up street helmet. 

You will sweat. But that's part of the fun. Carry water. :)

Edited by rz_racer_69
  • Like 3

all mesh armored jacket, MSR Xpedition helmet, Mechanix impact gloves, jeans and hiking boots, although I ride mostly street/dirt roads and some easy trails.  For tougher trails where I'll deal with branches, I'll use MX boots and gloves.  It's a happy medium IMO between protection and comfort, of course seems for most the average PA summer riding gear is flip flops, shorts and a pair of sunglasses.

Edited by alucard0822
  • Like 1

I ride some trails which heat me up good so I wear my jacket to the riding area then jacket goes in backpack. Thor Mx jersey and mx pants which are vented , my boots, helmet and depending on temperature a merano wool thin under layer on top. Camelback always. Basically try to layer as much as possible and carry back pack to stow away layers.

• Like 1

Dang went down hard today off a drop, tore right through my MX pants, good call on the for knee pads...My knee woulda been toast.

Edited by Cyclic
  • Like 2

Well I picked up a Fox Titan armored jacket, it breathe a ton of air even in slower speeds. Also, got a set of Leatt Knee Guards and Klim In the Boot Mojave pants on sale. Haven't tried the pants out yet, but everything else has been tested. The Knee guards are long enough that they tucked into my Forma boots with some clamp adjustment... All my new gear is either white armor or grey mesh... So I basically look like a stormtrooper putting all the gear on...

• Like 2

If you have red clay they'll have some color in them soon enough...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evan D said:

If you have red clay they'll have some color in them soon enough...

Only if I ever moved back home to Carolina...