Need help with a measurement

I need some help with a measurment, I need the distance between where the chunk of 2x4 is in the pic. Frame is a little out of wack eh. Fender support is not in the pics and its all bent up as well. Any advice is welcome as well. As it stands right now the 2x4 is 6 1/4 inches but need an actual real number from a perfect frame.

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

Hey Gumby,

I didn't take mine all apart like yours is - the plastic of the fender wraps around just a bit preventing an easy measurement, but it looks like the spacing is right at a perfect 7" on my 2013 XR650L.

Wow that is really twisted. The cross piece in front of fender arch is normally flat. I wonder if your lower components are out of whack also? Did a car T bone you?

2 hours ago, bork said:

Wow that is really twisted. The cross piece in front of fender arch is normally flat. I wonder if your lower components are out of whack also? Did a car T bone you?

I went off the trail at about 80km/hr, broke my #3 rib and a nasty clavicle fracture at my sternum, I went into trees and I think the bike landed on a big rock. This bike has almost killed me a few times or maybe its the other way around. So I hope a few others can chime in on the measurement, so far I have been told 7 inches, any folks have there seat and fender off and can give me a solid number, I would like to get it fixed as its riding season up here now.