Wiring Trail Tech Regulator/Rectifier + Battery on DR350 dirt model

I have a dual sport kit from Procycle mostly installed, a Trail Tech battery & speedo wired up, and now I need to hook up the stator to the regulator/rectifier for charging.

The instructions say to wire the two yellow wires to the regulator/rectifier, but I've only got one yellow from the stator (single phase). Guessing I just wire up to one of the yellow wires on the regulator?

Also, do I need to "float the ground" on this setup? What does that involve?

I've read every post/article/instructions I can find on this and nothing specific to the DR350 dirt-only model and the Trail Tech battery/reg/rectifier setup. I think I've got the right idea but really don't want to mess something up.

• 2 months later...

bump

I'm coming up empty also on the "floating ground" question. I have my stator out. Just not sure how to proceed. The trailtech tech support people told me they can't legally tell me how to float ground on stator. Any help would be great. 1991 dr350 dirt

I got it working running the one yellow wire, and running all negatives on powered stuff back to the harness negative, didn't modify the stator at all and it worked fine. This was running everything off the battery and not using the stock headlight power.

Ended up upgrading to a DR350S stator for more power and did basically the same thing, but with a DR350S VRR instead of the Trail Tech.