Chain slack

3 minutes ago, Graham3913 said:

I run mine a little loose. If i can get 3-4 fingers under the chain anywhere on the chain guard i call it good.

This ^^.  3 fingers mid chain on most modern full size bikes and you are good.

1 minute ago, Kalamazoo said:

Are you guys using baby fingers or my neighbors giant sausage hands? you're talking a huge difference.

2" is within spec from the last fastener head holding my chain slide on. And I use a tape measure for that not fingers.

That's a bit anal IMO.  I know 3 of my personal fingers is about right.

14 minutes ago, Kalamazoo said:

Are you guys using baby fingers or my neighbors giant sausage hands? you're talking a huge difference.

2" is within spec from the last fastener head holding my chain slide on. And I use a tape measure for that not fingers.

That's why i said 3-4. My baby fingers til almost 4 fits, if you're Andre the giant, use 3. It's a chain, it doesnt have to be exact. As long as it's not too tight, and not too loose to chance coming off, you're good.

11 minutes ago, freeriders98 said:

On the stand or sitting on the ground?

I've had manuals call for one or the other. Both ways ends up being the same amount of slack in the end. Loose side of three fingers setting on the ground will do the trick. Always better to run them a little loose rather than a little tight. ? 

42 minutes ago, OLHILLBILLY said:

I've had manuals call for one or the other. Both ways ends up being the same amount of slack in the end. Loose side of three fingers setting on the ground will do the trick. Always better to run them a little loose rather than a little tight. ? 

? Too loose is far far better than a tiny bit too tight. I feel it is best to check it with the swingarm parallel to a smooth surface like spud posted.