80/20 640 duke tires.

Hello I have a 2000 640 duke 2. I mostly just use to commute. I need to get some decent mileage out of them. (45miles a day easy) and wouldn't mind being abIe to cut down a dirt ally or ride some forest roads. I was looking at the shinko 705 tires. Or somthing similar. I believe the stock rear tire is a 160 60 17 but they are only available in a 150 70 17 or 170 60 17 will one of these work? Are there other tires I should be looking at? Thanks a lot guys.

CONTINENTAL TRAIL ATTACK2 is my favorite mostly street tire that can still do dirt. I could drag the pegs with these on my KTM and tear it up on dirt roads. Even survived a huge mud hole without getting stuck... 

I ran AVON DISTANZIA on my super moto.. similar tire. 

Edited by DrKayak

On you size change question. I did the same on my Husky SM and it would fit. You end up with a taller side wall on the rear. This looks different and effects the gearing. On mine is was the same gear change as +1 tooth on the CS (front sprocket). And you my have swing arm clearance issues.

good luck.

Edited by DrKayak

Ok thanks shopping continues. I'm having a hard time spending $350 on the continentals. The avons are about the same. What was the alternative size you ran?