Is this a good deal?

Found a 2009 Husqvarna SM510R with 4700 miles on it for $4,000 and it is in mint condition. This will be my first bike and I heard about the maintenance schedule such as oil changes, the oil filter changes, and valve timing. What do you guys think about it?

Do you have a picture you could do that maintenance yourself and that's a good price try to get it for 3500

Looks clean 4000 miles you should be good do a oil and filter change change the coolent and ride

• Like 1

4700 miles for 4000 not bad my 07 drz400 had 12000 miles and I paid 3400 but mine was dual sport had to buy rims tires do the oil coolent and change the battery clutch is still good

• Like 1

Just now, Awony1 said:

4700 miles for 4000 not bad my 07 drz400 had 12000 miles and I paid 3400 but mine was dual sport had to buy rims tires do the oil coolent and change the battery clutch is still good

DRZ's are tanks though, they just keep running and running. 

• Like 1

That bike looks like it needs nothing and I put on new chain and sprockets

Lol it's just about maintenance and how hard u ride

• Like 1

Those Huskies can be a great bike or a basket case. Make sure you are religious with maintenance. I have seen them punch the rod through the case because you looked at it wrong.

• Like 1

Found a 2009 Husqvarna SM510R with 4700 miles on it for $4,000 and it is in mint condition. This will be my first bike and I heard about the maintenance schedule such as oil changes, the oil filter changes, and valve timing. What do you guys think about it?

Per the service manual, it due for a complete rebuild at 10,000 KM (6213 miles)
Screenshot_20170421-101417.png

In my area they want the $4,500 for a stock DRZ with 10,000 miles in not so great condition, everything in NYC is so much more expensive. 

I don't know if this is true, but other people on the forum seem to get 15-20K miles out of their huskys without ever splitting the case, they just keep a very tight maintenance schedule on it. 

The 510 and 610 are 2 completely different animals. Keep that in mind.

I would look outside the city. You could drive a few hours and save a lot of money.

I bought my DR-Z new in 06. It's got over 18.5k miles on it now and I have never had to shim a valve. 17k or more of those miles are with aftermarket cams.

• Like 1