02 cr250 03 kx 250 wheel compatibility

Hello, I was just wondering if the wheels off a 2003 kx250 would fit onto my 2002 cr250?  From what I've researched, the axle diameters are the same I believe. (20mm front and 25mm rear).  I figure that I will just have to use the spacers I have and it should work. Could anyone with some experience chime in and assure me that it would work. 

Thanks

Hello, I was just wondering if the wheels off a 2003 kx250 would fit onto my 2002 cr250?  From what I've researched, the axle diameters are the same I believe. (20mm front and 25mm rear).  I figure that I will just have to use the spacers I have and it should work. Could anyone with some experience chime in and assure me that it would work. 
Thanks

A friend of mine was sent a Kx front wheel when he ordered a set for his crf. If I recall the crf axel has a wider diameter than the kx. I don't think it would fit through the hub. This was about 5 years ago. Memory is a little blurry but I know there was an issue with the front.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Larry247 said:

A friend of mine was sent a Kx front wheel when he ordered a set for his crf. If I recall the crf axel has a wider diameter than the kx. I don't think it would fit through the hub. This was about 5 years ago. Memory is a little blurry but I know there was an issue with the front.

Ahh ok. Thank you for the reply Larry. I may just pull my axles off when I get the chance and see if they will fit through. I was just hoping to avoid doing that as my bike is a 3 hour drive away.