Safe place for phone while riding?

I like to take my phone riding with me in case something happens, but I'm always worried I'm going to break it. It's not uncommon for me to do something stupid and end up with a bruise on my thigh where my phone usually is. What do you guys do to protect your phone while riding?

My Klim pants have a nice little pocket. I just keep the phone screen down and have never had any issues. Or just don't fall :) 

• Like 1

I mount it to my handlebars and use it as a GPS. No issues and I've crashed many times with it on there.

• Like 3

I have a kyocera durapro for my personal phone which is a military spec rugged phone. Its heavy but its waterproof, dust proof, smash proof, the screen is damn near impossible to scratch. I drop the thing all the time, I wash it when it gets dirty/greasy whatever. For work they gave me an iphone with a life proof case... shit still breaks. 

• Like 1

Wrapped in a rag in a ziplock bag and shoved in the bottom of the airbox.

Works for me :ride:

I have a bicycle handlebar bag strapped to my bars that I tuck behind the number plate when trail riding, to keep my phone, ID, some money, etc.. At the track of course everything stays at the truck.

WAIT.....Your phone works where you ride? I have used a couple solutions, one is use a second phone, cheap basic yes it makes calls phone....this is my favorite. 2nd is a ziplock FREEZER bag, as the freezer bags don't leak, and in my back pack. If you don't need a backpack, you surely don't need a phone.....Did you just call me Shirley?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 6 Riders said:

WAIT.....Your phone works where you ride? I have used a couple solutions, one is use a second phone, cheap basic yes it makes calls phone....this is my favorite. 2nd is a ziplock FREEZER bag, as the freezer bags don't leak, and in my back pack. If you don't need a backpack, you surely don't need a phone.....Did you just call me Shirley? emoji23.png

Mostly no but this is where I carry my cheap phone and it's not for making calls :)

20160515_102848.thumb.jpg.71c0274c083d5ab8159b74077ae97e12.jpg

• Like 2

Real phone is safe in my backpack. Cheap China phone is mounted to the bars and used as a GPS.

20170422_184303_1024x576.thumb.jpg.3973077dbe25002eeffdda5f1f84244e.jpg

• Like 1

I have an aftermarket protective belt mount case for my phone, but it is missing the belt clip. I use that to armor the phone and then carry it in a 4 compartment MSR Roost Pack mounted on the front of my chest protectors, along with maps and snacks. Convenient and ready access if I get a call.  I also load maps and use the phone's GPS  for navigation.

58fc0f6e94cf9_MSRRoostPack.jpg.9f702504aa0a60d5d791c4449ae6d893.jpg

• Like 4