So if this is wrong, what else is?

I'm beginning work on my DRZ Street tracker project. As I usually do for any bike I own, I like to make a "quick reference" chart to hang on my garage wall to save me the hassle of thumbing through a book with greasy hands. The chart includes all of the torque specs, fluids & capacities, and other reference data short of an engine rebuild.

As my source data I'm using a "free" (ok, available on the internet) Service Manual that has model years 2000-2007 listed...great because my bike is a 2003.

Here's what gives me some concerns, I get to the suspension section of the service manual and it's showing me parts for a damping rod fork. I know that earlier (2000-01) DRZ's use a damping rod fork, but the MY2003 is a conventional cartridge fork. If this service manual don't have this info correct, is anything to be trusted?

Here's what gives me some concerns, I get to the suspension section of the service manual and it's showing me parts for a damping rod fork. I know that earlier (2000-01) DRZ's use a damping rod fork, but the MY2003 is a conventional cartridge fork. If this service manual don't have this info correct, is anything to be trusted?

The Factory manual covers the original 2000 S in the main sections. For the later models, the revisions are covered in "blue pages" at the end of the manual.

6 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The Factory manual covers the original 2000 S in the main sections. For the later models, the revisions are covered in "blue pages" at the end of the manual.

OK, that makes sense...and makes me feel as though I didn't waste my lunch hour typing out a useless chart. I'm assuming that the blue pages mostly cover the forks as the remainder of the bike is unchanged through those years.

OK, that makes sense...and makes me feel as though I didn't waste my lunch hour typing out a useless chart. I'm assuming that the blue pages mostly cover the forks as the remainder of the bike is unchanged through those years.

The fork, shock and cam chain tensioner off the top of my head. That is were the SM model details are as well.