2018 DR-Z400sm?

The 18 will almost certainly be unchanged. The last major update was the cartridge fork for the S back in 03. The SM got the wheel slider and fat bar update back in 07. That's it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if someday the FI from the quad finds its way onto the bikes, but even that won't be earth shattering. In fact, it will make that much more difficult and expensive to pump up the hp.

• Like 2

I believe the DRZ400 will never change. The question is when will they stop selling it? When customers stop buying it, that is. IIRC the KLR is still #1 is dual sport sales, at least in the US. The DRZ400SM is still the only Japanese supermoto available. Yamaha stopped selling the WR250X, and Kawasaki quit the KLX250SF. 

I'd sooner expect the RMX450Z to get a plate than a DRZ update. Just for fun at IMS Long Beach last November I asked a Suzuki rep if there were plans for updating it and he said something like, "Yes I believe there will be some changes in a year or two," but it was an obvious BS answer. Then he quickly showed me the new RMX.

I wish they would make the emissions lower. They are not for sale anymore in Holland for quite a few years (I think since ~2008) because of the "high" emissions and rarely one will pop up second-hand.

I was extremely lucky to find a good-looking SM second-hand. There's hasn't been one for sale for nearly- if not more than 2 months since I bought it.

Meanwhile down under:

Suzuki were fifth overall on combined road, off-road, scooter and ATV sales, with 8.6 per cent of the total market.  (9,924 sales).

Suzuki’s DR650 (529)and DR-Z400E (878) continued their positions as the sales stalwarts for the Hammamatsu based brand.

Overall Suzuki grew their sales by 1.2 per cent in 2016. 

?

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

In Ohio all you have to do is go to the title office, request a Change of Body paper, pay 8 bucks and you can make a bar of soap street legal.

I have a deposit on a Beta 300 2 stroke that I'm gonna plate.

Ever since reading in depth about those bikes I have been curious. Admittedly, I have lusted for a 390RR, but have no money for one. Please tell us what you think of the bike when you get it and put a few rides on it.....I REALLY want to know.

• Like 1

Ever since reading in depth about those bikes I have been curious. Admittedly, I have lusted for a 390RR, but have no money for one. Please tell us what you think of the bike when you get it and put a few rides on it.....I REALLY want to know.

I'm getting an Xtrainer. I will let you know what I think of it though.
  • Like 1

On 20/4/2017 at 10:50 PM, NL_DRZ400 said:

I wish they would make the emissions lower. They are not for sale anymore in Holland for quite a few years (I think since ~2008) because of the "high" emissions and rarely one will pop up second-hand.

I was extremely lucky to find a good-looking SM second-hand. There's hasn't been one for sale for nearly- if not more than 2 months since I bought it.

In Italy we got the same treatment. 

Regarding the RMX 450, that once was available even in SM trim (it got 21-18 and 17-17 wheels on the italian registraton's papers), one of my buddies asked directly to Valenti Racing if they were going to have it distributed in 2017-2018. The aswer has been that, due to an estimated price of 9.000 Euros + registration fees (about 250 Euros), the bike will be NOT be put on the Italian market.