2017 mikuni carb overflow

last week took a few bikes to our local mx track. a older 250 using the keihin carb. we both did the same amount of track time but was surprised how much better the older bike was on juice. we both rode at the same time so fuel consumption should have been similar.

when i first got the bike i had adjusted the float height and the mpg has been good for general off roading and enduro.

i leant the bike over and took a measurement from the point the bike started to leak out the overflow pipe.

i then did the loop at the back of the carb on the overflow pipe and re took the measurement. it gave another 2 inches of lean before dumping gas. 

took the bike back to the motox track yesterday and the mpg was much improved.  im guessing the lean angle/vibrations and jumps was causing it to spill. well chuffed with the results and would recommend it to anyone

• Like 1

Great to hear you got it sorted. Seems like the Mikuni carbs can be a little more finicky with settings.

My bikes all have Keihin carbs, but I loop the overflow completely over the top of the carb. even on those. I also have a small line level that fits around the float bowl so I can ensure that it is indeed level. 

• Like 1