Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

WR 400F Supermoto from Germany (carbon tank?)

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I´m from Germany and rebuild a Yamaha WR 400F from 2000. I put the plastics and tank from a YZ 450F on it. Also rear frame and seat bench. A Akrapovic duplex exhaust with removable silencers.

Here some pics. 

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_0315.JPG

I need your help to find a carbon fiber tank or a carbon fiber tank cover. Looking also for other carbon parts.

Thanks for help and sorry for my simple english. 

Edited by Rich_WR
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice bike, I love all the extra little details you put into it.  Very clean, with 6 thumbs up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2017 at 8:26 AM, zibbit u2 said:

Nice bike, I love all the extra little details you put into it.  Very clean, with 6 thumbs up.

Thanks. I added some extra details but I'm still searching for the carbon fiber frame guards.

 

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1953.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2028.jpeg

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

IMG_4173.jpeg

IMG_4184.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jens Eskildsen said:

Hey man, Im just here to say I relly appreciate the attention to detail 😃

Thanks 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AngryDrone said:

What is your starter setup like? I also have a 2000 model and would love an e-start.

 

Kick start. You can install a auto decompression camshaft. It will make the start process a bit easier. 

I have never seen an e-start on a 400 or 426.

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rich_WR said:

Kick start. You can install a auto decompression camshaft. It will make the start process a bit easier. 

I have never seen an e-start on a 400 or 426.

Richard

I saw your battery and incorrectly assumed you had an e-start. Makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful bike, I believe I’m following your Instagram wr400conversion.

is that the 03-05 style plastics and subframe? I’m looking to also add a battery and wondered if that fits well or required much modification?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fmxr47 said:

Beautiful bike, I believe I’m following your Instagram wr400conversion.

is that the 03-05 style plastics and subframe? I’m looking to also add a battery and wondered if that fits well or required much modification?

Thanks buddy, my IG account named yamaha.conversion

Yes, I used plastics, subframe, tank and seat from YZ 450F 2003-2005. At the moment I have some trouble with these "floating ground".

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rich_WR said:

Thanks buddy, my IG account named yamaha.conversion

Yes, I used plastics, subframe, tank and seat from YZ 450F 2003-2005. At the moment I have some trouble with these "floating ground".

Richard

Yeah that’s the one.

 

I think I’m actually running the WR400 airbox still in mine so I don’t have a good spot the put the battery unless I build my own support. I’m about to re-address floating the ground, but I removed the ground from the stator years ago and had a reg/Rec installed previously. I’m in the middle of wiring lights up and figuring out where to mount everything. I have seen some people remove that little regulator like you have on the side of he frame but I can’t find any info on what needs done to the harness when it’s been removed.

Justin

ig, Justin.gregoire89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fmxr47 said:

Yeah that’s the one.

 

I think I’m actually running the WR400 airbox still in mine so I don’t have a good spot the put the battery unless I build my own support. I’m about to re-address floating the ground, but I removed the ground from the stator years ago and had a reg/Rec installed previously. I’m in the middle of wiring lights up and figuring out where to mount everything. I have seen some people remove that little regulator like you have on the side of he frame but I can’t find any info on what needs done to the harness when it’s been removed.

Justin

ig, Justin.gregoire89

I installed headlight, turn signals, rear light with break light and a horn. Wiring to battery including a handlebar switch is no big deal. I think I will install a regulator rectifier to switch AC Power to DC to charge the battery. 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 1:20 PM, Rich_WR said:

Hi,

I´m from Germany and rebuild a Yamaha WR 400F from 2000. I put the plastics and tank from a YZ 450F on it. Also rear frame and seat bench. A Akrapovic duplex exhaust with removable silencers.

Here some pics. 

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_0315.JPG

I need your help to find a carbon fiber tank or a carbon fiber tank cover. Looking also for other carbon parts.

Thanks for help and sorry for my simple english. 

I found this while searching for a black tank for a 2004 yz450f don't know much more about it.

http://crmcompositi.com/product-category/yamaha/yz450f/fueltank-yz450f/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...