crankcase breather box burnt

So i was putting my drz400sm back together and took it for a spin. I forgot to put the bolt holding the crankcase breather box back on. The exhaust burned a hole though it and I had to ride it home with air and what looked like oil coming out. Is there any way i can just seal up the box and ride or do i need to order a whole other box?

26 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I have tried teeing the lines and running without. The bike WILL constantly loose oil.

If you run the T up high most of the oil should drain back to the motor.  Personally I just made a smaller aluminum canister for my sm that does the job just fine and looks cleaner too.

• Like 2

Like others, I've run a T piece on mine and routed the outlet hose up and over the subframe and to atmosphere to the left hand side of the bike. I have never seen a drop of oil.

Cleaned the area up nicely. Better access to the carb, better access to the rear spring for preload adjustments. Win win win!

On 4/20/2017 at 6:00 PM, lakeportmike said:

If you run the T up high most of the oil should drain back to the motor.  Personally I just made a smaller aluminum canister for my sm that does the job just fine and looks cleaner too.

Got a pic? I'm interested in running one too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...