Hi everyone, I'm not sure this is the right place for this discussion but I recently purchased 25 acres in Fenton, MI and I intend to build myself a practice track. I've ridden lots of tracks over the years but I've never actually had anything to do building one only show up, pay my entry and ride. I'm looking for anyone who has experience building tracks that are willing to offer some insight and advice.

I've got a basic outline cut out now and I've ridden it a little and I think I have an idea where I would like to build some jumps. I've always wondered if there was some general rule of thumb for building the right take off other than trial and error. wanted to take some video today of the layout after work but it poured out so I'll try to get that soon. 

Doing research right now on tractors so any recommendations of machines up to the task and dealers in the southeastern MI area would be helpful. 

I'd also like to know what liability precautions that a track owner usually takes when allowing other people to ride. I don't have any plans on making a pay to ride track just want to let friends ride. That probably varies by state but any insight is appreciated. 

Not rocket science. I did this years ago (have tractors) build dirt where you want berms and jumps to go, ride and adjust.

Allowing non family members to ride (and increase your liability) is a crap shoot as far as your finances go...consult your attorney/insurance company.

General rule of thumb for us kids when messing around on pit bikes: don't make them so you go higher than you go far.

A friend of mine built a nice track using a bobcat only, worked well. He also talked to a lawyer about riders, the lawyer recommended a notarized contract relieving him of liability. Pain in butt for most but his wife was a notary so easily done.