Jump to content

Skid Plates and other Bolt Ons

Recommended Posts

Just finished my Skid plate install and thought I would post up some of the bolt on stuff that I thought were good deals...

I took the skid plate to the same powder coater that did my frame and had it coated black... A guy I work with asked me "Isn't that part supposed to take abuse and get banged and scratched up?? What are you bothering to pretty it up for??" I told him I can't resist a bit of bling on my dirt bikes... He then asked if I was going to get some My Pretty Pony stickers for it too... Haha....

The way I see it , if I'm not fast, I have to look good going slow?

Anyways... After the powder coating , I had drilled some fashion holes in it and shaved all the borders... Pretty happy with the results..

I found some aftermarket footpegs on eBay for $50.. they are wider and worlds better than the stock pegs...

Next up.. also off eBay for $50 was a very nicely machined and anodized set of handlebar risers that moved the bars up and forward... Happy to have found them...

And last up is way up on the list for the best 20 bux I have spent... Billet , anodized, burnished , fully adjustable "shorty style" folding levers... The fit , finish, and function is absolutely perfect... Very glad to have found and tried them out...

 

IMG_20170420_201510300.jpg

IMG_20170420_201710696.jpg

IMG_20170420_201603958.jpg

IMG_20170420_201739548.jpg

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I mentioned in another thread , but is worth mentioning again since I was talking about bolt ons....

Without any question I can recommend the G2 brand of handguards as the best ergonomics for fit and cable routing ever..  solid mounts all the way around!

My second favorite would be acerbis handguards

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice.  On the levers, who is the eBay seller?  

What skid plate?  I'm thinking of making one out of 1/16"  stainless steel.  It's the same weight as 3/16" aluminium but it's "hardest way possible."  Also would never crack.  Either material about three pounds I would guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 How do you like those footpegs? I have been looking at those, been wondering if they were worth the money. Does anyone know of any other footpegs that will fit our bikes without spending big bucks ?

  Do you have a link to those bar risers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Baja Rambler said:

Very nice.  On the levers, who is the eBay seller?  

What skid plate?  I'm thinking of making one out of 1/16"  stainless steel.  It's the same weight as 3/16" aluminium but it's "hardest way possible."  Also would never crack.  Either material about three pounds I would guess.

Ricochet skid plate, I found one seller selling them for 89 bux ... Everyone else was quite a bit higher... SS would be awesome if you could fab one... I know they sell the clamps separately

I don't remember the seller... I was doing a search for billet short levers and saw a lot of people selling these... I'm certain they are Chinese, but awesome all the way...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Altidude said:

 How do you like those footpegs? I have been looking at those, been wondering if they were worth the money. Does anyone know of any other footpegs that will fit our bikes without spending big bucks ?

  Do you have a link to those bar risers?

No bar riser link.. I will look though...

Footpegs are excellent..  perfect fit...

Good thing too.. I didn't find any others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried looking for the bar risers on eBay... Couldn't find the ones I bought... However there is no shortage of selection of bar risers... !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mixxer said:

I tried looking for the bar risers on eBay... Couldn't find the ones I bought... However there is no shortage of selection of bar risers... !!

Thanks. Yes, plenty of risers on there. I'm debating whether to go with risers or a new adjustable triple clamp.

 I did order the footpegs, we'll see how they work out. Gotta be better than the stockers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Altidude said:

Thanks. Yes, plenty of risers on there. I'm debating whether to go with risers or a new adjustable triple clamp.

 I did order the footpegs, we'll see how they work out. Gotta be better than the stockers.

There is a guy offering a very sweet adjustable billet top triple clamp assembly for the 230..!!  I had too much stuff to fix and mod on mine to put that in the budget...

Same guy makes an excellent looking billet fork brace for the 230... That piece is still on my list..:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mixxer said:

There is a guy offering a very sweet adjustable billet top triple clamp assembly for the 230..!!  I had too much stuff to fix and mod on mine to put that in the budget...

Same guy makes an excellent looking billet fork brace for the 230... That piece is still on my list..:)

 RSW ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Altidude said:

 RSW ?

Yep... That's the guy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mixxer said:

Yep... That's the guy...

 I have been trying to contact him for more info- emails come back, no answer on phone??? Anyone run one of these?

24_12_77bdb12a-a03e-4245-89d6-d6a8b57e528a_grande.jpg

Edited by Altidude
add picture
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Altidude said:

 I have been trying to contact him for more info- emails come back, no answer on phone??? Anyone run one of these?

24_12_77bdb12a-a03e-4245-89d6-d6a8b57e528a_grande.jpg

I have one I haven't installed yet, looking forward to running fat bars mounted farther away.

Very nice design and workmanship, especially for the price.  I attempted communication with him but got no responses at all.  Must be too busy runnin' the mill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is a guy offering a very sweet adjustable billet top triple clamp assembly for the 230..!!  I had too much stuff to fix and mod on mine to put that in the budget...
Same guy makes an excellent looking billet fork brace for the 230... That piece is still on my list..:)


If you don't appreciate deflection off of roots or rocks, and especially in deep ruts, My gut says you won't be sorry with a fork brace.

Front end goes where you want it to as well as expecting it to go.

If you do crash... you won't need to find a tree, as often, to move the front wheel back where it needs to be.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

 


If you don't appreciate deflection off of roots or rocks, and especially in deep ruts, My gut says you won't be sorry with a fork brace.

Front end goes where you want it to as well as expecting it to go.

If you do crash... you won't need to find a tree, as often, to move the front wheel back where it needs to be.

 

Totally agree...

I'm looking up fender braces so the front fender won't be floppy after it's cut for brace clearance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, mixxer said:

I found some aftermarket footpegs on eBay for $50.. they are wider and worlds better than the stock pegs...

 

Can you provide a link for the footpegs? Would like to get the exact model if possible. I did look around on eBay, lots of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on my second set of triple tree top clamp setups from RSW, you won't ever get any response from them but you will get the product. First set I had on my TTR230, Excellent quality and look great. Really opens up the cockpit and makes the 230 feel like a big bike.

CRF TC.png

Edited by Dirt Racer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×