Advance timing on Freeride

All bikes that I am familiar with have a way to advance the timing. The KTM Freeride, I have studied the manual and I see no way to advance the timing. It is basically the same KTM motor without the power valve. Anybody know if a way exists. While playing around today, I pulled up to a log planning to do a pivot jump of the log. I planted my foot, dropped the clutch and LOL, I have reverse. The bike ran backward to my surprise and then stalled out after 3 feet. I need to advance the timing just a wee bit.

Looking at parts schematics, there is no slotted adjustment on the stator,  like a kx250. Not sure if holes could be cut to be slotted, without seeing it, in my hand

Edited by 1gr8bldr

6 hours ago, Graham3913 said:

Im confused? Wouldn't advancing the timing make it more likely to happen again? I would think you would want to retard the timing so the spark fires later.

My terminology may be wrong. I think of it like riding a bike, as soon as the foot goes just over the crest, that's the time to put your weight on it. As soon as the crank gets ever so a we bit over top dead center,   then it needs to fire. Mine ran backwards so I know it is firing to close to TDC center. So I think of it in terms of advancing the crank in relation to the fire. Is that the opposite in terminology???? Is it advancing the crank or retarding the fire?

Edited by 1gr8bldr

Retarding the fire. Timing is all in the spark (relative to where the piston is). Ex. 10*BTDC is right BEFORE the piston is at tdc.