Kx 250 intermittently running backwards

Hi

I have a 2001 kx 250 with a flywheel weight and some kind of adjustable ignition module ( looks very high tech for 2001 ?). I think it's a TCI? it has 3 toggle switches 

When I'm riding trails and bog the bike down to the point it's about to stall and then clutch it sometimes the bike will briefly stall and then fire back up in reverse rotation.           It's great for a laugh but it is also annoying !

I have moved the ignition pickup all the way in both directions and it will still do it on both extremes.

The ignition module has a stock setting and it will still do it when set to that.

The flywheel is keyed to the crank so I doubt it's clocked wrong but maybe the magnet is in the wrong spot?

Anybody have any ideas?    

Thanks 

sounds like a standard cdi is the answer

didn't know they even did an adjustable cdi

I would definitely ditch that gadget and get a stock black box. On the flywheel theres 3 marks to where you can adjust the timing to suit your preference.

I would definitely ditch that gadget and get a stock black box. On the flywheel theres 3 marks to where you can adjust the timing to suit your preference.

Sorry the marks are on the stator, the align with an arrow like "bump" on the case its self. Hopefully that helps out

You've checked the key for the flywheel has not sheared off? They've been known to do so.

Other then that, throw that aftermarket CDI away.