why is my throttle sticking

Because you're bike is old. 

Just kidding.  3 things it could be.

Slide in carb is gummed up or corroded.  Cable is bad, either dry, kinked  or corroded. Throttle on bar is binding on something. Look at all three. 

This may get moved to the vintage section. You can find alot of help over there. The old Suzuki's have a following. 

Edited by GreenMT_Rider

Growing up my friend had a ts185. We couldn't kill that bike, believe me we tried.  That bike looks pretty close to what he had.

• Like 1

It's obvious that your bike is no stranger to mud and dirt and both will find their way into a throttle cable with no problem.  You haven't lived until you are wide open with a stuck throttle in the woods.  First, replace the throttle cable with a new one.  Adjust it and add a piece of shrink tubing on the cable where it goes into the top of the carb.   Heat the shrink tubing so it seals the cable inlet from muddy water.  Take silicone RTV and seal up the parting lines of the throttle assembly.  That oughta do it unless you got other problems with the slide or carb bore.  Rub them up with 600 grit sandpaper or 0000 steel wool to smooth out the wear lines.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Edited by Jimmy Pascol
Because I'm the daddy, that's why.
  • Like 1

thanks for all the tips turned out to be the idle screw  this is the last time I let my buddy clan the carb cause of my lazyness