04 Yz 250f needle jet.

I'm curious as to what moving the little c clamp up or down in the notches of the needle jet does? I'm having issues with idle. If i click it into gear it idles up from normal. I need to take a look at the clutch because it's grabby, would that cause the higher idle in gear? i have the fmf power up jet kit in it right now. would adjusting the needle help?

Hoov, NO, moving the clip changes fuel mixture at large throttle openings, 3/4 to full open.  Do not change the position if you're having and idle issue.  Fuel screw, pilot jet, and idle speed adjustment change idle.  You do not have an idle issue.

You're engine idles up because there is a wire going down to the shifter location that detects when the transmission is in gear.  It changes the ignition advance and the engine idles up while in gear by design.  Gives it more power.

On the clutch, check cable lubrication, and use a cable lube and luber.  Also check cable adjustment at the lever to make sure you are getting enough engagement.  Thats it for the simple stuff.  If its hanging up internally, you will need to pull the clutch cover, remove the fibers and steels from the basket and inspect the basket to see if the fibers have cut grooves in tangs on the basket.  If you find grooves worn, they can be filed smooth, or you can replace the whole basket $$$.