150sx or TC250?

I currently have a 2015 TC250. I've probably put around 10-15 hours on the machine. I like how it handles and the power. I've raced for years, C class on 125s, and I never really got tired in a 5 lap race. I wouldn't really get armpump or none at all, barely broke a sweat and I placed top 5 most of the time on a 125. Now that I'm on a 250 2 stroke, its different. I ride 2-3 laps and I'm smoked. I get arm pump, and can't really push like I could on my CR125, that I still have. I love my TC250 but I'd hate to sell it because I've had it for 9 months. Plus I don't have a lot of fun on the machine as I do my cr125. What should I do? I want to tame the TC250 down to see if I'd like it better, how would I go that route? Or sell it to buy a 150sx?

I don't race mx but have a 150sx and a 250xc. Since you already have a 250 i would say tame it down. Change out the head for an TE or Xcw head. This will take the edge off the 250. You could also do a flywheel weight and adjust the power valve. 

The 150 probably would have been a good bike to have after the 125. More power than a 125 but a lot less than a 250. 

Riding is all about having fun and if your not having fun thats a problem.

Try to find a 150 to test ride. Maybe someone near you has one. There could also be a 150 that wants a 250 and you guys could trade.

Edited by GreenMT_Rider

I wouldn't tame the bike down, it would be even less fun to ride.. how about just riding more, push yourself to be able to ride the 250 like you did your 125.

I remember when my dad went from racing 250's to 500's then back to 250's.. You would have thought it was an 80. He wasn't enjoying the 250 anymore, and that's how I got my first 250...