New 2016 FE501

Just bought a brand new 2016 Husqvarna FE501. Im planning on adding a steering stabilizer and a slip on pipe. Are there any other mods I should be doing right away? I've heard the TPS should be adjusted and bumped up a little. Are there any other tweaks that need to be done to get optimal performance?

IMG_1117.JPG

• Like 1

get it re-mapped, add the map switch and def adj tps, the tps can work with the pipe some what, but with the map the pipe will make a lot more difference.

What map is on there now? It's the 2016 Fe501 dirt only version. Even though it is getting a street legal kit put on it now. My local shop in town will do the euro mapping for a $100. They just did my buddies 2017 450 exc. is it really a big gain for the dirt only model?

i dont know what map is on it now. i have a 2015 450 XCW (dirt only model) but i got her plated in oregon.  I just got mapped last month and added the trail tech map switch $100 for map $70 for switch.  all maps stock/mild/wild are heay on the input vs base map. they dig deeper faster ( with the added fueling). so the front will come up ez'er. if the husq is like the ktm with "off orad map" you can proly swing a pipe. ( ive had the BDS cap on since 10 hours and just passed 105 hours) but if this is what the euro bikes feel like out of the box , then i wish i'd have done this sooner.  

again, since you have the non-s, all mite be ok, but you could also be leaning her out way to much. I had a TONNN of decel pop with TPS set at .62-.66 on stock map and now with TPS set at .601 and euro map i have no decel pop.